LONG DISTANT POWER EXCHANGE
Maintaining any relationship is complicated. Maintaining a long-distance D/s or power exchange relationship can be a whole lot harder. In this missive, I examine strategies for maintaining a long-distance power exchange relationship, as discussed in the Life’s Hierarchy online DISCUSSION that took place on February 22, 2022. You can listen to the recording by visiting https://www.crowdcast.io/e/fz3e07sz.
LONG-DISTANCE POWER EXCHANGE – DEFINED
There are two elements to defining a long-distance power exchange relationship:
- A long-distance relationship.
- A power exchange relationship.
There are many types of long-distance relationships:
- Synchronicity or a-synchronicity
- Singular or plural.
- Partner aware or partner not aware.
- Online only or online and offline.
There are also various types of D/s or power exchange relationships:
- Casual vs 24/7
- Live in vs live-out
- Partial vs total
- Sex vs no sex
Each type of relationship has its own challenges and combining long-distance and power exchange create its own additional challenges. Three things are clear:
- No two relationships are ever the same
- There is no ‘one-way’ to conduct an LDPER
- More complicated than many other relationship forms
Before discussing these challenges, it makes sense to highlight the attractions of such relationships.
THE ATTRACTIONS OF A LONG-DISTANCE D/s RELATIONSHIP
The attraction of long-distance power exchange relationships will vary by individual. However, they tend to include one or more of the following:
- Having a relationship when being together is not possible.
- More time to pursue other passions and interests.
- The opportunity to get to know each other.
- Reduced likelihood of confusing lust and love.
- The capacity to road test trust and develop patience.
- Addressing needs not met in an existing relationship.
- Providing time to focus on other relationships.
- Encourages creativity, communication and conflict resolution.
- Less stressful commitment.
- Spending time.
- Integration with the day.
ISSUES ASSOCIATED WITH A LONG-DISTANCE D/s RELATIONSHIP
Each relationship will have its own challenges, and each individual may have their own issues. Common issues in a long-distance-relationships, however, might relate to:
- Inconsistent goals.
- Poor communication.
- Variable trust.
- Lack of intimacy.
- Lack of physical contact.
- Sexual incompatibility.
- Negative impact on self-esteem.
- Family issues.
- More frequent disputes.
- More difficult to resolve disputes
- Less fun together.
- Falling into a routine.
- Limited potential to grow.
Common issues in a long-distance D/s relationship might also involve:
- Morality (when other partners are not aware)
- Management (when the relationship supplements another)
- Supervision and enforcement.
- Physical contact
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A SUCCESSFUL LONG-DISTANCE POWER EXCHANGE RELATIONSHIP
Everyone and every relationship must find its own pathway to success. Strategies that have worked for many couples include the following:
- Set up dedicated email and social media accounts.
- Monitor these email and social media accounts.
- Ensure a good understanding of each other’s circumstances.
- Schedule regular contact and stick to the schedule.
- Ensure regular face time.
- Ensure total transparency and openness.
- Catch up in real life from time to time.
- Regularly check how each other is feeling.
- Ensure a safe place to communicate.
- Document rules and protocols.
- Remember the basics of aftercare.
- Get creative and think outside of the box.
- Plan each contact in advance.
It is also helpful to make the most of technologies like:
- Video conferencing.
- Eye in the sky (or home at least).
- Tracking apps.
- Private texting.
It also helps to get creative, perhaps embracing the following:
- A chastity device can be fun.
- A locked collar can help.
- Setting regular tasks can be testing.
- Set un-usual grooming requirements.
- Detailed regular reporting.
- Innovative online sex.
A long-distance relationship is not my thing, but I can understand that they are necessary, fun and enticing for many people.
Hopefully, this missive provides some ideas about how to make such relationships successful.
To find out a great deal more – I would env=courage you to watch this recording on the original Life’s Hierarchy DISCUSSION – https://www.crowdcast.io/e/fz3e07sz.